This training course is an introduction to Excel dashboarding. Your company decided to implement a dashboard in Excel, but where to start? What will you include in your dashboard? How will you structure and show your data? How will you feed your dashboard? Those are the type of questions you will be facing and those are the type of questions we will be answering.
- Designing an action plan and a framework for the implementation of a new dashboard
- Create advanced pivot tables, which will serve as calculation engines for dashboard graphics
- Create a dashboard with graphs based on a set of data in Excel
- Introduction to dashboarding
- What is business intelligence?
- What is a dashboard?
- Why build a dashboard?
- What are the best attributes of a dashboard?
- What is a key performance indicator (KPI)?
- What are the steps to build a dashboard?
- Why choose Excel for your dashboard?
- Pivot tables
- How to build an efficient pivot table?
- How to benefit form the inner functionalities of a pivot table?
- How to optimize the calculations within a pivot table?
- How to optimize the presentation of a pivot table?
- How to pick the right chart to share the right message?
- How to deal with the chart data series?
- How to optimize the presentation of a chart?
- How to build dynamic charts?
This training course offers approximately 6 hours of content.
This training course is offered in English.
The targeted learners are the professionals who are already using Excel in their day-to-day work activities and who need to analyze and report data with regular reports and/or dashboards.
To find out whether or not you should take this training, we strongly suggest that you take an online quiz. If your score is less than 70%, we strongly suggest to attend our Excel - Intermediate level training course before attending this training course.
Each learner must have access to a portable computer equipped with MS Excel 2007 or more for Windows, or MS Excel 2011 or more for Mac.
Course registration includes PowerPoint presentations, Excel files with examples and exercises and reference to a web site (in French) where many additional resources are available as well as a public forum (in French).
This training qualifies for 0.6 continuing education units (CEUs).Le CFO masqué is a member of the Société de formation et d’éducation continue (SOFEDUC), which defines a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) as 10 hours of participation in a structured training activity organized and conducted by an accredited organization, facilitated by qualified instructors and culminating in an evaluation. Only SOFEDUC members in good standing are authorized to use the graphic symbol.
Il n’y pas encore d’avis.