Acheter des sièges supplémentaires pour cette formation
Audrée Pellerin is a passionate professional, holding a master's and bachelor's degree in Corporate Finance from the University of Sherbrooke. With several years of experience in the field of consulting services, she has worked with SMEs, multinational corporations, and public sector organizations. Audrée stands out with her dual expertise as a business intelligence consultant and experienced trainer. She possesses a natural talent for explaining complex concepts in a clear and accessible manner and is recognized for her ability to impart knowledge with patience and professionalism.
As a trainer, Audrée plays a vital role in helping companies strengthen the skills of their internal teams. She develops customized training programs tailored to the needs of her clients and guides participants through interactive and engaging sessions. Her pedagogical approach promotes active learning and the practical application of acquired knowledge.
Trainer accredited by the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail. At the end of this training, when all the lessons and quizzes are completed, the learner will be able to download a certificate of completion. This certificate will include the trainer's Emploi-Québec accreditation number, the participant's name, the title and date of the training, the number of hours of training completed, the number of Continuing Education Units (CEUs), as well as the name and signature of the trainer. This certificate meets the requirements of the continuing education obligations of the Quebec professional orders. For private training (via Teams), the certificate will be sent to the learner by email following the completion of the training.
This course is an introduction to the DAX (Data Analysis Expression) language, used by Power Pivot and Power BI Desktop. Mastery of this language enables users of these two solutions to create flexible, easy-to-update dashboards, as well as advanced, relevant data visualizations. We recommend that you first take our Power BI training series.
- Identify the implicit and explicit evaluation contexts of a DAX-language measure.
- Write measures in DAX that consider evaluation contexts
- Create advanced data visualizations using strong measures written in DAX language
- Introduction to the DAX language
- What is the DAX language?
- How does DAX work?
- Why do we need DAX?
- Where can DAX be used?
- How do I write a DAX formula?
- What's the difference between a calculated column and a measurement?
- What is an evaluation context?
- What's the difference between a row context and a filter context?
- What are the DAX language conventions?
- Master the main DAX functions
- Understand aggregation and iteration functions
- Understanding the RELATED and RELATEDTABLE functions
- Understanding COUNTROWS functions
- Understanding FILTER/DISTINCT/VALUES functions
- Understanding CALCULATE functions
- Understanding ALL functions
- Understanding the EARLIER function
- Understanding the FIRSTNONBLANK AND LASTNONBLANK functions
- Understanding TIME INTELLIGENCE FUNCTIONS
- Understand how to interweave these different functions
- Bonus: Understanding how to work with fiscal calendars
- Bonus: Understanding how to work with 4-4-5 calendars
This advanced training course offers approximately 6 hours of content.
This advanced training course is offered in English.
The targeted learners for this training course are professionals who use Power Pivot and/or Power BI Desktop to analyze data and create high-performance, dynamic dashboards.
Each learner must have access to a portable computer equipped with Power BI Desktop. You can find the free version of Power BI Desktop here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331. Note: This course is offered via Power BI Desktop, but is also aimed at Power Pivot users in Excel. Therefore, learners who are not familiar with Power BI Desktop, but who use Power Pivot in Excel, will be able to transfer the concepts learned to Power Pivot for Excel without difficulty.
Course registration includes:
- a PDF document with step by step instructions to build the course report
- a data model from which to create calculated columns and measurements in DAX
- a data model with calculated columns and measurements in DAX (solved exercises)
- a summary of the most frequently used DAX functions (checklist)
- a forum to ask questions
This training qualifies for 0.6 continuing education units (CEUs).Le CFO masqué is a member of the Société de formation et d’éducation continue (SOFEDUC), which defines a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) as 10 hours of participation in a structured training activity organized and conducted by an accredited organization, facilitated by qualified instructors and culminating in an evaluation. Only SOFEDUC members in good standing are authorized to use the graphic symbol.
In-class sessions No refund if cancelled within 2 weeks or less before the training session date. Otherwise, credit will be issued. In-house sessions Once arrangements are made and the booking is confirmed, 25% of the training cost will be claimed for any cancellation.
Contenu de la formation
Contenu du module
0% Terminé 0/17 Steps
Contenu du module
0% Terminé 0/2 Steps