This training course aims to get the trainees to a sound Excel proficiency. As such, it is aimed towards the professionals who are already using Excel in their day-to-day work activities but want to get a deeper understanding, save time and build better solutions. This training session is also a prerequisite for the following training courses : Excel – Dashboards (level 1) and Excel – Financial Modeling (level 1).
- Become familiar with all of our best tips and tricks for Excel intermediate level
- Automate the calculations of an Excel file
- Create more user-friendly work interfaces for users
- Eliminate the risk of miscalculations
- Get the prerequisites for Excel – Dashboards (level 1) and for Excel – Financial Modeling (level 1).
- Mastering absolute and relative references to create powerful formulas
- Using the F2 function to trace and understand the formulas in a worksheet
- Using the SUMPROD function
- Using the SUMIF, COUNTIF and AVERAGEIF functions
- Using the SUMIFS, COUNTIFS and AVERAGEIFS functions
- Using the HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP functions
- Using the MATCH function
- Introduction to formulas with embedded functions
- Building embedded functions with VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and MATCH functions
- Building embedded functions with INDEX and MATCH functions
- Building embedded functions with MIN and MAX functions
- Building embedded functions with LARGE and SMALL functions
- Defined names
- Naming a single cell
- Naming a whole row or column
- Naming an array of cells
- Naming an offset cell
- Using the name manager
- Data validation
- Setting a basic data validation
- Setting a data validation with messages to the users
- Setting a data validation with custom formulas
- Using advanced sorting and filtering options
- Using the goal seek functionality
- Using the F5 function (go to)
- Introduction to charts and pivot tables
- Creating a basic chart
- Creating a basic pivot table
This training course offers approximately 6 hours of content.
This training course is offered in English.
The targeted trainees are professionals who are already using Excel in their day-to-day work activities but want to get a deeper understanding of Excel. This training session is also a prerequisite to whom would like to register for the Excel – Excel – Dashboards (level 1) and for Excel – Financial Modeling (level 1) training courses.
This is an intermediate level training session. This means trainees should already be using Excel on a daily basis but not mastering the functions and functionalities mentioned in the content section. To find out whether or not you should take this training, we strongly suggest that you take an online quiz. If your score is less than 70%, it would be much better to take this training before taking any other Excel training offered by Le CFO Masqué.
Each trainee must have access to a portable computer equipped with MS Excel 2007 or more for Windows, or MS Excel 2011 or more for Mac.
Course registration includes PowerPoint presentations, Excel files with examples and exercises and reference to a web site (in French) where many additional resources are available as well as a public forum (in French).
This training qualifies for 0.6 continuing education units (CEUs).
Le CFO masqué is a member of the Société de formation et d’éducation continue (SOFEDUC), which defines a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) as 10 hours of participation in a structured training activity organized and conducted by an accredited organization, facilitated by qualified instructors and culminating in an evaluation. Only SOFEDUC members in good standing are authorized to use the graphic symbol.
No refunds will be issued if the classroom training registration is cancelled within 2 business weeks or less. In all other cases, we can offer you a credit for the amount of your purchase.
Once a date is booked to deliver the training to your office, a cancellation will incur a fee of 25 % of the cost of the training.
No refunds allowed since you have access to your training material from the moment of payment.